Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pancake Puffs

One thing that some people do on Mother's Day (and everyone should do more often) is make breakfast for their moms and help out with other meals as well. This year my mom found a breakfast recipe she wanted to try in Our Best Bites cookbook, so I decided to make it for her. It was a recipe for pancake puffs and it was actually really simple and easy to prepare alone.

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup flour
-3/4 cup milk
-2 large eggs
-1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place a mini muffin pan inside.
2. While oven is heating, blend flour, milk, eggs, and salt in a blender until it is smooth.
3. Take the muffin pan out of the oven (use hot pads because it's hot!) and spray it with nonstick spray.
4. Fill muffin wells 3/4 full with batter.
5. Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until batter is puffed and slightly golden.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy with syrup, jam, or any other sauce you like!

*This recipe makes about 24 mini pancake puffs.

They should look like this in the oven

They kind of collapse on themselves when you take them out

Homemade jam was delicious


My mom and family LOVED this recipe and we will probably make it again and try others like it. Dipping the puffs in syrup or eating them with homemade raspberry jam was really good. I would also like to try them with other sauces, powdered sugar, or whipped cream. We especially liked it because it reminded us of yorkshire pudding, one of our favorite foods that we usually eat around Christmas time. This was delicious and I hope some of you try it!

2 comments:

  1. This looks super good Sophie!!! I'm excited to try it!!!! I always love coming and reading your blog, keep it up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I wonder if you could freeze them and then when you are craving pancakes just eat one of them? That sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete