This year over spring break, I gave my mind a huge rest, but barely let my body rest at all. I did the very minimum amount of homework I had to (I have yet to see if I will regret this), and just about everything else I did had to do with physical activity. In other words, my break was AWESOME.
I spent Monday and Tuesday in the San Rafael Swell in Southern Utah with a family I go to church with. The temperature was in the seventies and I couldn't think of a place I would rather be. We went running and hiking on Monday, and we hiked Little Wild Horse Canyon on Tuesday. It was beautiful and super fun!
.JPG) |
| Part of the slot canyon we hiked |
On Wednesday, my mom, brother, sister, and I drove down to Lake Powell to meet up with some friends (pretty much the
CrossFit Club; Brea, Chandler, Josh, Calen, my siblings, and me (plus a few adults)) and go backpacking. We spent Wednesday night on the houseboat and left Thursday morning for Lake Canyon to backpack. The original plan was to spend two nights at the campsite we found so we could hike around on the second day. However, when we got there, our water filters weren't working properly so we cut the backpacking portion of our trip short and only spent one night. The scenery was beautiful both during the day and at night. I go to Lake Powell every year, but I have never backpacked there so I got to see a lot of new scenery.
.JPG) |
| Our packs were a little big on us |
.JPG) |
| Our whole group (minus my mom) at a ruin we hiked to |
We spent Friday and Saturday just hanging out and relaxing. We were all happy about that because there wasn't nearly as much water at our destination as we expected there to be. We went on a really fun hike in a slot canyon just off the road to Lake Powell. There was a lot of climbing and it was super nice not to wear our packs.
.JPG) |
This tunnel went under the road and was part of the slot canyon we hiked |
 |
| A view of the sky from the slot canyon |
As always, spring break went by way too fast, but I had a blast! That break is in the past, but we only have a few more weeks before school is out and then we will have the whole summer to have more fun.
That looks like so much fun!!!!!!
ReplyDelete