I recently realized that when I first started my blog I said that I wanted to blog mainly about soccer, cooking, AND photography. My posts are frequently about food and soccer, and I have hardly done anything about photography whatsoever. So here is my first photography post (hopefully there will be more to come).
I love taking pictures of just about anything, but what I do definitely isn't planned. I really enjoy capturing random moments with friends and family or scenic views in nature. Registration was this week and I kind of wanted to take a
photography class so I could improve my capability of taking clear, high quality pictures. The problem is that I don't have room in my schedule for anything other than orchestra, seminary, and Spanish. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year.
Over the past year, I have been taking pictures from a specific spot at my house. Whenever there is a pretty sunset, I jump up and sprint to our back porch that has a beautiful view of the pond in our backyard. Each sunset is different, so I take the picture where I can capture the best parts and it's not always the exact same spot. However they are close enough that when I put the pictures side-by-side you can see the similarities and differences. It is amazing to see how beautiful each one is. It has now been a full year, so you can see what my backyard looks like in each season.
 |
| This is my pond sometime last spring |
 |
| This was taken last summer |
 |
| This was also last summer |
 |
| This was last fall |
 |
| This was just last week |
In my opinion, all of these scenes are beautiful in different ways. Some of them are beautiful because of the vibrant colors. Others for their exquisite cloud formations. Some simply because they are peaceful. I think it's amazing how much nature changes.
I have really liked taking pictures of my pond, and I plan on continuing whenever I see something amazing. I've thought for a while that it would be really cool and interesting to take a picture from the same spot at the same time of day for a few weeks. Or even taking one every hour of just one day. You could really see how the clouds move and how quickly the scene changes. I would like to try doing one of these things sometime this summer when I don't have to worry about homework.
No comments:
Post a Comment